Friday, February 29, 2008

Training Run 2-29-08

Happy Leap Year!

The true test of whether one is over a cold...and whether one is dedicated to training...running on a chilly Friday night, outside, on a hilly route.

I did the hilly 4-mile route that Holly and I did on our first run together. I tried not to go too fast knowing that most of the uphills are on the way back in, but at the same time it was cold, and I also wanted to see just how well I could do. On the way out the wind was in my face, which was a challenge, but I kept telling myself that on the way in it would be at my back. Didn't happen...the wind died entirely during mile #3, and then came back as a crosswind in mile #4.

However, my pushing myself on the treadmill on Wednesday really paid off...I was much stronger today. In spite of dark, wind, snowy/slushy sidewalks, and two stops for traffic lights...

4 miles, 46:47!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex pointed out that this was almost exactly my time for my very first 5K (46:42)...amazing how far I've come in only about 6 months. =)

6 miles on Sunday with Holly...I might even feel ready...almost...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck on sunday.......I'll be thinking of you......
I walked outside in the snow this morning - kinda like walking on lots of sand.....but MUCH colder!!
Love you Mom

John Fenton said...

I hope the six miles went well yesterday.

Keep up the hard work! You're making great progress!

John