Sunday, February 24, 2008

Training Run 2-24-08

I hate winter colds....

I've had a cough for about a week and a half that won't go away. I don't feel that congested, but once I start coughing I feel like I'm having an asthma attack - my throat closes up and I just cough and cough but can't clear whatever-it-is. So for the last week and a half I decided that running was a little too risky, especially since the cough is worse in the evening. Last weekend visiting my parents in Michigan I was so sick my mom let me sleep in till 10 am.

So I've read a few interesting books, but no running. Today was supposed to be 6 miles, though, so I knew I had to go out and do something, just to remind my body what it was supposed to be doing. I ran 2 miles in 22:20 and figured that was pretty good...if not for being sick and avoiding snowbanks where people haven't shoveled their sidewalks, I would have broken 11 minutes.

C'mon, spring...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope you get over whatever this bug is.........not good for running or anything else.
Mom