Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Lack of motivation/energy/time...

I am almost to the point now where I feel like a non-runner.

With work full time and then phone banks 4 nights a week for the McCain-Palin campaign (www.johnmccain.com) I am behind on everything not having to do with work.

41 days to go...

We were interviewed by a reporter from Bloomberg News Channel (www.bloomberg.com) but I think from reading the article that most of her notes wound up on the editing room floor. But at least the reporter seemed very impressed...I guess if we can convert a member of the liberal media, it counts for something.

I am running a 5K on October 11 with my mom and my oldest son. Mom has been training really regularly (much more so than me) - I'm really proud of her! Alexander is in flag football right now and they run wind sprints...he and Allison also walk over a mile home from school every day. Everyone is more fit than me...

This weekend I will be at a business conference in Rochester NY but at least there is a pool and a 24-hour fitness center. I am promising myself 3 miles on the treadmill, even if I have to set the treadmill for a 15-minute mile!!

Hopefully I will not have to start ALL over once the campaign is over...I do feel like I am going to be a new runner all over again.

Maybe that means I need to go shopping for new shoes and clothes =)

No comments: